A coup to deal with bulging, warped edges, mildew, and discoloration of wallpaper
A coup to deal with bulging, warped edges, mildew, and discoloration of wallpaper! ! !
can add a lot of color to the room, but the wallpaper often has a series of problems after it is laid, such as curling, cracking, mildew, discoloration, etc., which is very disturbing, so why do wallpaper have these problems? What should I do if there is a problem?
1.Wallpaper surface bulge:
(1) Uneven gluing, local lack of glue, and air bubbles after the wallpaper
(2) The local glue is too much and too thick to be completely absorbed naturally, and the wallpaper will form a hard bulge after drying.
(3) The base layer putty and paint are not firmly delaminated, and the base film is not completely dried. Construction causes delaminating of the base layer and causes bulging on the surface of the wallpaper.
Treatment method: The wallpaper
must be installed after the base film is completely dry before installation. The hollow drum with uneven gluing can be injected with a syringe; the hollow drum that cannot be completely absorbed by the glue can be injected with the diluted glue to soften the glue. Block; the slight hollow of the delaminated base layer can be repaired by injection of white latex. In serious cases, the wallpaper can only be peeled off and the base layer is reinstalled.
2.Moisture and mildew of wallpaper
Analysis: The change caused by the rapid growth and spread of mold spores in a humid environment with a certain temperature for a long time is called mildew. Generally, mildew requires 4 conditions: mold source (mold spores can be carried in the air), humid environment, continuous high temperature, and nutrient base for mold spore growth.
(1) Make the wall waterproof, and the other side wall is the bathroom, which requires special attention.
(2) Brush the base film evenly and completely seal the wall.
(3) Use high-quality wallpaper
glue to prevent deterioration of inferior wallpaper glue.
(4) The wallpaper glue should be uniform and appropriate during construction, and the excess glue should be scraped out with a scraper or other professional tools.
(5) After the wallpaper is constructed and the seams are completely dry (about 48 hours, depending on the site environment and the wallpaper base material), open the windows for ventilation and distribute indoor humidity.
Analysis: The discoloration of wallpaper is mainly caused by sunlight, oxidation or moisture. The color change caused by long-term sunlight will generally be more uniform, and most of them will not affect the effect. The discoloration of the wallpaper caused by oxidation or moisture will directly affect the visual effect, especially the discoloration of the products with metal printing materials (such as gold, silver and gold foil wallpaper).
(1) During the construction process, stop all acidic and alkaline substances from outside to avoid polluting the wallpaper.
(2) Do a good job of waterproofing the wall to avoid discoloration of the wallpaper caused by excessive humidity.
(3) The PH value of the putty selected for the wall is neutral 7±0.5, to ensure that the wall has been completely sealed and treated to isolate the reverse seepage of alkaline substances from the wall.
(4) Use high-quality base film and wallpaper glue with a neutral PH value. The base film must be applied to close the wall and must not be missed. The wallpaper glue is even and appropriate.
(5) Do not spray chemical liquids such as alcohol and pesticides directly on the surface of the wallpaper.
3. Wallpaper warped edges, slits
Analysis: There are many factors that make up the edge of the wallpaper
, and they are related to each other to different degrees. It is necessary to synthesize various information and analyze the essence of the problem to get the cause of the edge and seam of the wallpaper.
Possible causes and treatment methods:
1. Improper construction:
(1) drying sunlight, winds sweeping, causing uneven shrinkage, local cracking.
(2) The softening time is too long, the expansion is too long, and the shrinkage joint will be formed after drying.
(3) The glue concentration is too low and the viscosity is not enough to stick to the wallpaper.
(4) Too much local glue and uneven shrinkage.
(5) Excessive force on the scraper during pasting, or excessive lengthening and widening of the wallpaper during construction, resulting in excessive stretching and shrinkage joints after drying.
(6) When double-layer cutting, the knife edge is repeated and the seam appears.
(7) The operator is not strict with the sewing.
Treatment method: pure paper and PVC wallpaper, wet the seams with a wet towel, uncover the wallpaper
after 4-5 minutes, and then apply glue and reattach it. Non-woven paper and velvet fiber wallpaper, there is no expansive wallpaper, generally you can tear off the whole piece, first uncover the wallpaper, use your thumb and index finger to gently stretch it in sequence, and then apply glue.
2. Improper product: Including improper selection of products and improper deployment of products. Before construction, you should first evaluate the wallpaper that will be constructed. It is best to do a trial pasting test in advance and choose a suitable adhesive product instead of relying on experience alone. For example, use wallpaper glue powder with general performance to paste heavy wall coverings; product preparation did not follow the packaging instructions; wallpaper glue powder opening time is too short, the mixing is uneven, and it cannot be completely gelatinized; improper opening method causes throwing and glue viscosity On the low side.
3. Environmental factors: including the temperature and humidity conditions of the construction, the firmness of the base layer (putty) of the wall, the smoothness and water absorption of the wall, the sealing effect of the wall, the bearing capacity of the construction surface, etc., in this case Blind construction will inevitably cause problems.
A good wallpaper
effect needs to be guaranteed in a good paving state, so be more attentive and worry-free!